Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: My timeshare is paid in full, but I just don't want it anymore (by KC):

jenniferc2056 wrote:
Timeshare at Welks Resort, Branson Missouri. Paid for in full!!! Maintenance fees going up every year!! Aging out of the work force, will be "no" more income taxes to pay Maintenance fees every yr... They refused EXIT letter, they said get a broker... But thought about filing bankruptcy instead!! WE WANT MAINTENANCE FEES GONE!!

You should first consult an attorney before filing for bankruptcy. If those unwelcome maintenance fees are your only financial problem or concern, you may very well be advised by a legal professional that bankruptcy is not a particularly wise solution to your timeshare problem. After all, with no outstanding loan, the worst that could or would ultimately happen if you just stopped paying those fees will be a future foreclosure --- so what?

I have no idea about the resale value (...if any) of your particular timeshare, but if it's of little or no resale value you could (and you should) first make an effort to just give it away for free --- and maybe even offer to pay the closing costs for a new, willing "grantee". That would be quicker and cleaner (and less stressful) than just waiting for foreclosure, which could take 1-3 years, with annoying collection calls and letters in the meantime until foreclosure gets initiated.