2ndmarkettimeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

2ndmarkettimeshares (by KC):

Today, exactly 15 days after my initial inquiry, I did in fact receive a reply (I wouldn't quite call it a response) from someone at Second Market Timeshare Resales, apparently after some prodding from RedWeek. The reply was, in essence, that neither they nor the seller whom they represent quite understand what the seller actually owns or, consequently, what is actually being advertised in the particular ad to which I responded back on 12/20/07. However, agent LM reassures me that if they ever figure it out, they "will get back to me". I probably won't be holding my breath in the meantime.... ====================================== Hmmm, that's not good. ====================================== Marty: After a fair number of years of timeshare experience, I have come to observe and just accept that some owners simply do not really understand all the details of what they own in the first place. If they later decide to sell and can't locate their ownership documents and provide copies to a reseller, the owners may (and do) sometimes misrepresent the facts and details to the listing agency --- not necessarily out of malice or deceit, but out of a basic lack of knowledge. The reseller may then innocently advertise the inaccurate or incomplete information, even though the underlying information provided to them by the owner was actually wrong in the first place. So it goes sometimes. Asking the right questions easily uncovers and exposes situations like this --- as has occurred in this instance. That's the whole point of "due diligence". No harm, no foul...