Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Are all RCI points equal? (by Mike N.):

ken1193 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
RCI has announced a program, which allows members to exchange their points for cash. It's not the best value ($300 for 35,000 pts) but it is still better than losing them.

Hi Mike: Probably like you, I've now read through the announced introductory details of RCI's brand new "enhancements" in regard to RCI "Points Partners". I'm not sure that it's entirely correct to say that they actually offer "cash". Instead, it seems to me that what RCI Points is "offering" (without any member choice in the matter, maybe I should instead say "mandating") is a "pre-assigned dollar value discount" on airfares, rental cars, etc.

Doing some quick, preliminary math in comparing my own previous applications of RCI Points to airfares, etc., it seems to me that RCI has now basically cut the value of RCI Points to somewhere just under a penny per point (speaking ONLY to RCI Points Partners applications --- NOT timeshare use), whereas formerly their value in RCI Points Partners applications was probably closer to between 1.5 to 2 times that amount (at least in some specific airfares of my own use). Like most RCI "enhancements", this one is better for someone --- but certainly not for actual RCI Points members. That all said, you are absolutely right that getting SOME value out of unused or expiring RCI Points is certainly always better than just plain losing them....

============= Ken, "After further review" (sorry, too much NFL). You are correct. Thanks for catching it. Mike