Rants

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Rants (by James D.):

I own two one week TimeShares in Poipu. I bought them on the resale market at about 50% of the price the resort was asking. Further, because they were originally purchased prior to 1998 they have no restrictions on the type of unit, so of course I always reserve oceanfront. The points system that the resort is trying to push is a real scam for two reasons. One is that I will always use my two weeks in Kauai so exchange is of no value to me. Two is that once you convert to points you have no control anymore. A week today may cost X thousands of points but next year Diamond may decide that it takes X Plus points. With my ownership I have a title to a piece of real estate which cannot be changed I am however very upset that the maintenace fees took another big jump this year. I would like to find a way to contact all owners so that we can have an owners committee. After all we own more than 50% of the resort. Diamond is only the operator. Any suggestions on contacting all owners?