Double Value?

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Double Value? (by Peter B.):

My experience with Westgate so far has been good. I own a 2 bed in the Elara and have exchanged 3 times for double weeks in a 2 bed in Orlando. My most recent exchange was made last week and although I had to prepay 2013 maintenance fees, the entire process was handled very efficiently by Westgate. Admittedly a few years ago Westgate administration was a joke but my dealings with them over the past year has been very good. I still remain nervous however as to how long the 2 for 1 deal will be honoured. Written into the sales contract, lawyers will always find small print or loopholes and I can't afford to challenge legally. Hopefully this will never be a problem.

As for Hilton selling more weeks in Elara, I reckon this is about to restart and it would be very useful if forum members could post details on this site. Anyone attending a sales presentation - what prices are being quoted and how much of the property is still available for sale ?

I also know that Marriott Grand Chateau, directly opposite to Elara on Harmon Ave. has started construction of their 3rd tower so the sales people will soon be luring people into sales presentations with free shows and dinner etc. If time permits, you should take a look and again post prices etc on this forum for comparison. The Grand Chateau rooms are very nice and tastefully furnished whereas the Elara is very bling-like with back & red furnishings but that depends on personal taste. Choose Elara if you are young, like standing in pools waist deep with a can of beer & loud music or Marriott if you are more mature and prefer to relax in your accommodation.