Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Vacationing with friends and / or family (by Dan S.):

What do you think is appropriate when inviting friends and / or family on a time share vacation? When you book out extra space or an additional unit, do you ask your friends and family to chip in? If so, how much? If I had a second home, I wouldn't ask for a contribution, but with time share, it will be making a dent in how much space I can personally use for that given year. Do you mostly just take it on the chin, if you invited them, so that everyone could have a better time? Some guests insist on buying us dinner and drinks on at least one night as a good will gesture, since they are getting a bargain vacation accommodation. I am a member of the Marriott Destinations program and I figure, fairly unscientifically that a point is costing us at least 50 cents each, to use. So, if booking a second unit for a few days is depleting my account by 1500 points (or roughly $750.00), How do you think the best way is to handle it, particularly if your friends ask how they can contribute? Treating us to a dinner, certainly wouldn't approach $750.00.