Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: ILG/Vistana Westin Nanea Time Share Nightmare. Stay away from this dirty corporation! (by Don P.):

I would also like to help you out as much as I can like Lance. First of all like Lance said calm down a little. What is done is done. You now have to consider what is in your best interest . As you have stated is that you still owe money on the purchase that needs to be paid off . I agree that it is in your best interest to pay that off and protect your credit rating .

Now you should look into mitigating your damages . There are a few options . One is to use your ownership to trade for a location that you would like to visit . There are numerous well known and trusted exchange companies to choose from . Yes they will charge you a fee to exchange but at least you will have use of your purchase .

Another option is to rent out your timeshare . You probably won't make a profit and you will most likely even lose a little but you can mitigate your damages until you finish paying off your financing . Even consider renting to friends or family for the equivalent of the maintenance fees. You could use social networking to connect that idea .

Once you finish paying off your legal obligation then you should make it your priority to get it out of your name. The first option there is to contact the home resort and explain to them that you want to deed the timeshare back to them . That is called a " deed back " . I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way . I called each resort and told them that I was going to get them out of my name and it was in their best interest to work with me to avoid lost maintenance fees and legal expenses . You don't need an exit company or an attorney to do that . You can become your own advocate .

If they fail to work with you then you might have to find a way to transfer ownership out of your name . I didn't have to go that route since they agreed to take them back but I was prepared to get them out of my name by any means I had to use .

What I find ironic is that when a wealthy person uses the system to reach his goals they call him or her a genius but when a common person like you or myself find a legal but what others consider questionable tactic some people think we are deceitful . I was prepared to fight fire with fire . I would never propose anything illegal but sometimes you have to be very creative .

Like Lance advised you calm down and consider your options . Your situation is not life threatening . You will eventually get through this and look back and learn from it . I have stated in the forum many times that if this product was sold on the open market the timeshare developers would go out of business . They spend millions of dollars researching marketing techniques to get people off the street to sign on the dotted line. You are not alone . Please think it over and decide what is right for you and your family .

I also encourage you to continue sharing your story as it unfolds in the forum . You might even pick up some more ideas from others over time . Good luck .