Is TUG Helpful?

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is TUG Helpful? (by Marley S.):

I used to go on Tug a lot. Not anymore. The more experienced I became as a timeshare owner buying resale, the more I realized the people on Tug are super biased and the moderators and some of the old timers have a group think mentality. If you say anything even slightly against them, they threaten to ban you. Or they attack you. It is an adversarial user group. If you are new and know nothing, it is fine. You can learn a lot as a newbie. Just be careful because you may end up buying a cheap trader if you follow their advice. If you are tough as nails and like to fight and do not technically break their user guidelines, you are will enjoy Tug too. If you take time to read through many of their threads, you will see what I mean. They can suck you in so be careful. I became addicted for awhile trying to prove my point. I finally decided Tug was a waste of my time and quit. Most of the time, the people on Tug are not that smart or well off, with a few exceptions. I do not think most of the people on Tug are qualified to be giving advice since they are so biased. They make fun of people who buy from developers. They are adversarial with developers. They love to blame the victim. They love to "grab" things. They use the word "grab" a lot. The old timers just seem like a selfish, greedy bunch of people trying to outsmart others. This is not to say that there are not many wonderful people on Tug. If you go on Tug, just be careful. Do not trust or believe everything you hear there or anywhere else when it comes to timeshares. Timeshares are not for everyone. Most timeshares are downscale and hard to get out of. Even some of the Marriotts and Westins are getting hard to sell these days. You could end up with a liability for many years of you do not buy a high demand time share like Hawaii or Disney. The traders are becoming less valuable as trading fees are going up and the market changes and it gets harder to get a good trade. So a lot of Tug advice is becoming outdated. I can tell you I have done many things that are the opposite of what they advised and done very well. If I had listened to Tug, I would have been screwed in many ways.