Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts. (by Don P.):

Since your singing the praises of Diamond and other timeshares maybe you can explain to me why they are sold at misleading presentations where sales people lie through their teeth . I would like to know why they don't inform the buyer that their product is virtually worthless on the resale market once they walk out the door . Yes there is a rescission period but most people who purchase are on vacation which is part of the plan of the developer . By the time they find out what they committed themselves to the rescission period has expired . They spend millions of dollars researching the best way to lure people into agreeing to purchase .

I own a week at a timeshare that I will own forever but I would never purchase points . You are at the mercy of the resort when booking a vacation . The timeshare industry has changed and corporate greed has taken over the industry . If their product is so valuable why don't they buy it back from the owners who want out ?

These forums are here to discuss timeshare ownership and so far I hear far more complaints than praises from satisfied customers like you . Let the discussions continue .