Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone ever sold their timeshare to Despegar.com travel agency? (by Frank R.):

Yes, I thought I had I did, but they alas took my money with nothing in return. And surprise, surprise, when I tried to follow-up anywhere, the numbers magically weren't answering any longer. Also contacted the Secret Service, and they told me the same thing. This is a good reminder that I need to contact them and provide the information. And I also was recently contacted by CTrip as well, which on the outside looks to be legit, but as soon as I asked for specific references of a successful sale, they stopped calling and emailing. They tried a couple times to get me to sign a paper with all my ownership details, but I refused until they provided a reference. Again, another surprise (NOT!!), I haven't heard anything from them.

I'd still be interested in unloading my timeshare, so if anybody can provide legitimate references, provide them in this community!