Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Resort cancellations due to hurricane damage (by Michael B.):

So let’s say you are on the way to your beutiful Marriott timeshare resort in Hilton Head, SC. Now a hurricane comes and hits the resort hard closing it. Why do you need insurance for the lost points or week if you are shut out of the resort.? Where is the consideration in a contract between parties.? If you reserved through the Marriott hotel website you don’t lose your deposit or pre-payments. I do not see a difference. It’s really time for a class action regarding the Marriott’s lack of contract consideration when they close the resort. How would Marriott take it If I told them due to a hurricane I cannot get to the bank or mail to pay them? We all know that answer. Some day a family is going to be in harms way awaiting the opening of a timeshare location and if they are injured they will readily sue the Marriott corporation for not allowing them an alternative to arriving during a hurricane.