Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Diamond deedback update... (by KC):

wizowashv wrote:
Yes - I was very unwise to do what I did. I know better! Two costly mistakes - one getting into the timeshare and the second, getting in with Timeshare Exit Team. Thank you for your input. I will pursue the deedback path.

Some updated info follows in regard to Diamond "deedbacks" , none of which is good news. From Diamond itself:

1. The "deedback" fee in Diamond's "Transitions" program has been raised from $250 charged during the past two years or so to $750 now (per contract), tripling the fee. Westgate charges $950 for deedbacks, Wyndham charges nothing at all.

2. It appears that Diamond will only consider accepting "deedback" of purchases which were made directly from Diamond itself, or directly from those various timeshare entities which Diamond has taken over and absorbed over the years. In other words, it appears that Diamond owners who purchased in the resale market will not be eligible or considered for deedback under "Transitions".

Please don't shoot the messenger; I'm merely trying to provide accurate and updated information on the subject.