Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Vacation Club point system (by Gary S.):

Stepheng, good stuff. I think you may be a bit optimistic about resale DC points being able to pass ROFR at $5.00 all in. It’s difficult to be certain as to how much to offer, and there is no harm (other than the effort) in making a deal and seeing if it passes. I’m thinking it might take $4.50 to $5.00 before junk fees these days to get past ROFR. That would end up close to $7.00 all in. And, if you look carefully, you can find “bundles” from Marriott in that range, including all incentives (Plus Points, MR points, credit card points). Works pretty well if the enrolled week is somewhere you want to stay often as well. Also works well for a point generator at low MFs. For example, I have a Timber Lodge Week 51 which generates 6225 DC points when elected, and the MF is around $1300 iirc (plus a couple hundred in taxes which are paid separately in CA). YMMV! Cheers.

P.S. Here is a good source of data. Select Marriott and scroll down to Destination Points.

http://rofr.net