Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Mexican Timeshare Solutions is a Scam (by Edd L.):

Hello I would like to share as I just went through that process with MTS. After we signed we did read our entire contract and there is a clause that says if you ask to cancel in the first 5 days of the contract then the cancellation should be effective and they return your money. We were in day 3 when we saw that we sent an e mail to the resort asking to cancel they replied ok we are looking into your case. Then what happens the sales people call you and try to convince you and tell you like all the timeshare contracts at the end you sign a paper thats says there is no cancellation and refunds and the only way to cancel is a fee which is very high in some cases. They keep telling you thats the only way. We continue to do some digging and there is a law in Mexico that protects you in the first 5 days of signing you can cancel and you should be reimbursed. We contacted MTS explained the situation. I talked to my representative of the case told us exactly what to do yo have to send a written letter to the resort.

After that they take the case and they send you the e mails they are sending the resort you have to CC profeco and other mexican agencies in your communications. In 2 weeks they got the cancellation of the contract and we got reimbursed what we paid to the hotel also a letter from the hotel that contract ## has been canceled.

The timeshare sales and tactics are all mostly the same but these guys know how to tackle them. Each case might be different each hotel contract has its clauses but if you are in the 5 day window period it is almost a guarantee you will get an effective cancellation with no penalization. It was a rough month for us we have learned our lesson and we will never ever fall again for these type of sales. When your in this mess you feel you can trust no one but in MTS they are real people they handle the cases and that what they do best. When you are more far along in your contract thats when things get more complicated to cancel without a fee. When you are in the 5 day window frame its an easily win case. If anybody wishes more questions or feedback I can gladly help.