Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting rid of a time share. (by Charles D.):

All timeshare owners should be shaking in their boots. I have owned my TS for a decade and have, luckily, exchanged it several times, as I haven't used it myself in over 5 years. In the first five years I used it twice. I befriended a man at my resort and we stayed in touch over the years. He tried to sell his after his spouse died. After almost three years, he went to a timeshare relief presentation and gladly accepted their offer, as they at least offered to take it off his hands for certain. He came away from the presentation completely convinced of the timeshare industy's half-truths and misdeeds. All parts of the TS industry from developers to resellers work in lockstep to rip off the consumer. He shared much of the information with me. I don't believe he paid anywhere near $3,500. But, regardless, this trend is disturbing. The TS industry needs to clean up it's act. To the man who left the timeshare relief presentation in disbelief, I hope at least he listened to what they said. From everything I've heard, the resort won't help you out. All they want is your MF's and club fees.