Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting rid of a time share. (by Phil L.):

I don't care for this practice of sticking it to people for what ever reason they need to get out. I would agree that there is a need for this type of company. I feel that most of the people they deal with have themselves in a tight spot and need help. I just think charging some poor family $3500 or what ever is just taking advantage because they know owner's have no way out. Throw a drowning man a rope and he will grab on.

I could see them taking $1000 because for many of these timeshares this would be two years of the maintenance fee but there just screwing people with their high amount and they know it! There is nothing wrong with companies like these making a profit because that is what they are in business to do just like other companies. They are just being greedy and want to make a killing not just a profit!

Many posters brag that they own many units and rent/sell all the time and its no big deal. But there are thousands of owners out there that do not know how and spend years paying because they just do not know a way out! Before I would ever pay these parasites $3500 to take my timeshare I would ask if anyone would take it free or then offer some money like two years of maintenance fee cost for someone to take it. This way after the closing fee's paid by new owner they would have two years of use or two years of exchange time. If the timeshare you own is not one of the higher rated resorts you might offer free and you pay all closing cost plus that first years maintenance fee. You are still way under $3500 you were willing to throw away.

I have said this before that if you ran a ad and said you owned a two bedroom at blank resort and would give it away free that someone would talk to you! If you are thinking of paying $3500 then this would be a savings!

PHILL12