Rants

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Rants (by Kim M.):

klaughl0 wrote:
john665 wrote:
Hello,

There are several different types of ownerships at Poipu. the traditional way, were you get a week, the same week every year, then the type where you can use a week when you want.

Then, they went to a point system, where you can trade your points for other places. If you trade with Sunterra, you can trade with their other properties. Sunterra is now selling the timeshares where you own a piece of a trust. This is the type of ownership you want. but they make you pay a price to convert to this trust. Their "nominal" fee was $8500 to convert. It was funny, as it does them a favor to convert!

John

Sunterra is not the only co. trying to convert all to points. Fairfield/now Wyndham wanted me to pay about $8000 to convert to points - points for a week I already owned. I got nothing extra. Didn't make any sense to me, as RCI will do the exchanges. But I suppose the sales people will try to say we save membership fees to RCI or whatever.

This posting of course was some time ago but learned this past summer after getting the sales pitch at Sunterras Poipu Point for the $8,500. to convert our ownership to points and "this is our bottom number" speech. We got home, made a few phone calls and were offered the same exact deal from the main sales office at Sunterra for $4000.