Construction

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Construction (by Rachelle A.):

john1819 wrote:
punkybrewster wrote:
dougbfreshest wrote:
I heard that they are turning the lagoon into a pool area. Is that true?
My understanding is that the lagoon will remain as is for now (there was some talk of putting a bridge & wedding chapel in the middle?), that the small Lagoon Tower pool is gone and a long lazy river/water slide type of pool will be erected between the west side of Lagoon Tower & the Illikai property next door. I'll give an update after my end of Jan '07 visit. Does anyone else have more info???
Hi: We are travelling to Hawaii for the first time and are a bit overwhelmed by the options for activities/hotels etc. I do know that renting a timeshare unit is a good deal and thought a week at the Hilton would make a good home base for exploring Oahu. Two concerns: Can you see all of Oahu in day trips or is it better to break up the Island and stay in two or three hotels rather than one? How about all the noise and construction - sounds as if it is definitely an issue. We are travelling in June/July 2007. Thanks for any advice/help you can give us. John and Julie Galvin
I would NOT recommend staying at this time share unit. The lagoon access and the Lagoon Tower pool are completely shut down. There are not balcony's on the rooms and there isn't maid service. The walls of the rooms are paper thin; I could hear casual conversation from the room next door. Everything on the property is very expensive. The cheapest bottle of water I could find was $3.00 and it was a small size. They were not very interested in making our stay any more comfortable than it was. I went and explained the room was Not at all what I expected and they told me “sorry”. I have been to Hawaii over 10 times and even in my very early 20’s when I could hardly afford a room and had to stay at a cheap place I at least had a balcony and daily maid service. This is away for people to make money and get people to listen to more sales pitches. You get a room and that's it. Not a good view, not the beach access you would normally get with the Lagoon tower or the lagoon Tower pool. The super pool is always crowded and the chairs are literally right next to each other you can not even walk between them. The pool service was terrible too, we asked for a drink, the girl told us she would come back for our order and we ended up getting it ourselves and she never did come back. The food at the rainbow restaurant was over prices and very poor quality. The brunch was over $50.00 for 2 people. You can get a better brunch at Duke’s for $14.95. The beach in this area is very rough, filled with large pieces of coral that make is difficult to walk in the water or the beach. I would recommend spending a little more money and staying at the Outrigger Waikiki. I just returned home from my vacation 10 hours ago, this info is very current.