Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Need to Sell a Timeshare (by Denise R.):

darlenep30

denise1130 wrote:
I, also, hope that you have many successful trades over the last 20 years. If not, I am shocked. My BIL bought a timeshare about 20 years ago and never did anything with it (trade, rent, occupy). No wonder timesharing got a bad reputation!

Denise it sounds like your husband did same thing in buying 20 years ago and getting no use out of it./Q]

Darlene, if you read it again I said my BIL (brother-in-law) bought a timeshare and never used it. My husband and I have had one for about 15 years and use it, or trade it every single year.

I am saying that timesharing got a bad reputation because people did not use them, then complained about it. If a person lets their unit sit empty and doesn't bank it, they can't get an exchange. It's a waste. Yes, you must pay the maintenance fee ahead of time to bank it. That's not an excuse.

I work in an office where people complain because they have to pay their medical bill before turning it in for re-imbursement. It's kind of the same principal. Yes, you pay up front first.

My last two exchanges were to Kauai, Hawaii and a premier Latin American resort (Mayan Palace) in Playa del Carmen. I banked a not-so-valuable little resort in Florida (a year ahead of times, fees paid) and have been consistently pulling some top quality resorts.

Is there a reason you couldn't bank your week in Hawaii? You know, they don't send you reminder notices it is just something you have to take the initiative.