Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Considering ownership (by Patricia B.):

jana168 wrote:
My husband and I just returned from Aruba. We are Marriott platinum members and received an upgrade to stay at the Ocean Suites instead of the Marina Hotel. We love the private island and hope to purchase a week at the Ocean Suites in the future. We would be interested in any comments regarding ownership, maintenance fees and general satisfaction ratings from the other owners.
Our daughter purchased the unit in 1989 before it was built. Due to circumstance we took over the unit. I was first there in 1991 and my husband and friends and I went back in 1992. We then purchased another week. After a while we started going twice a year and enjoyed it very much. So we have seen the units change over the years. We purchased another week 3 years ago. Our unit faces the town and harbor view and is on the fifth floor. Our maintance fee for the two weeks is around 540.00. The last week we purchased in facing the ocean on the first floor unit 2146 right on the side corner facing the beach. The maintance fee for that was 620.00. Both the prices are close I can't off hand remember the exact fee however I would look it up in you need it. So as you can see by the number of years we have been going to Aruba we love it. We owned at Divi Village also and only used that unit to trade to other islands. We finally sold that unit and only go to Aruba and stay at the Renaissance. I even have convinced other family members to purchase units. WE go every Oct and have made a lot of friends and see them every year. We now are meeting new friedns going in Feb or Mar. I hope this helps if you enjoyed your first stay you will always enjoy your stays at the Renaissance.