Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Points and bonus weeks and resale (by Mike N.):

michaelr286 wrote:
In the presentation of a points system timeshare a very big deal was made about the RCI points. For instance, a unit qualifies for 122,000 RCI points AND they were giving 4 bonus weeks with RCI with purchase. My question is are these points transferable if I buy on a resale basis? Obviously, this would have a big impact on the resale value.
------------ While I cannot answer your question directly, I may be able to provide some insight for you to ask questions to the seller. Ask the seller if 122,000 points is one year's allocation. I've seen promotions stating a unit is worth a large number of points. Many times this number is actually two years worth of points which is the amount you can carry over. As for bonus weeks, if these are offered by a TS developer, then you may not be able to get them from a private seller (ask the seller or even RCI). If RCI bonus weeks are anything like Interval International bonus weeks, then they aren't really worth a lot anyway (II are only good for travel within 45 days). If you indeed get 122,000 points for one year then, unless you are booking 2 and 3 bedroom units, you can get a lot of vacations (short notice vacations are only 9000 points). Good Luck