Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Against RCI/II Rules to Rent out Exchanges (by Eric B.):

Actually I contacted RCI directly referring to this policy and an RCI rep. stated that you couldn’t rent the week at your home resort once you deposit it with RCI. I asked him directly about people being compensated for using the time they book at a resort through RCI and they said it was legal. You have to figure if you are booking a week RCI charges $164 and a guest pass is $59 so for them to assume you won’t be compensated for your expenses is ridiculous.

On a side note, has anyone else been monitoring the Law suite against RCI? www.rciclassaction.com

john1671 wrote:
Hi All,

It is a violation of RCI and II rules to rent a unit that was obtained via exhange. If caught RCI/II will cancel your account and you lose all deposited weeks too.

Some resorts (especially Disney) have taken to question people with guest certificates upon checkin. If the renter admits it was a rental, they are turned away homeless fro the week.

Read the rules, they are on both websites.

And don't attack me, I do not like these rules but share them only so that potential renters do not get burned.

Don't believe me? Just call RCI or II and ask for yourself.

John

PS. They catch people every day, read some of the postings on TUG2.NET for war stories.