Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Staying at Orange Lake - Where to request for a handicapped child (by Shannon B.):

Hi Everyone!

I'm interested in the mixed reviews posted about Orange Lake. All the reports my friends have given me that have visited have been very good!

We are going to Orange Lake Oct 19-26 and we were assigned West Village. I called Orange Lake directly, and they said that we could actually be placed in West, North, or East Villages through an RCI Exchange. We have two two-bedroom units, one through an exchange and one bonus vacation. They said they would place us as close as possible to one another. They also said that we could call two weeks prior to alert them that we have a handicapped child and they would do their best to accommodate us.

Which village would be best for a child that has low vision? My son is dual-sensory impaired (deaf-blind) and has low muscle tone. A villa with no steps would be ideal. We would like to be close to a zero entry pool if possible.

Also, are the rennovations complete at the west village?

We are owners at two different properties in Hawaii and at two Royal Resorts properties in Mexico. The Royal Resorts newest and oldest properties are equally nice (their oldest resort just turned 30!), and I love the quaint, established feeling of their two oldest properties. They all have maintained Gold Crown/Five Star ratings year after year. It sounds to me like Orange Lake is much the same. I look forward to finding out for myself!