RCI points

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI points (by KC):

randywinger asks, quoted in pertinent part:

>> The resorts I own at are points related, so if I buy from a listing on Red Week , you are saying the RCI points alloted to that resort and week go hand in hand?<< ====================================

As I stated previously, the RCI points associated with ANY RCI points week are more than "hand in hand", -- they are permanently attached to one another. It does not matter one bit where / from whom you buy that particular RCI points week. The RCI points still stay permanently attached to that week as a pre-determined and fixed number of RCI points, no matter who later resells it, no matter where purchased and no matter how much money is involved in the purchase or sale or resale.

There are a VERY few, VERY rare exceptions to the above, however. I am aware, for specific example, of two resorts in Sebastian, Florida where, upon the resort resale of a RCI points week, that RCI points week then reverts back to being a fixed week (i.e., with no RCI points any longer attached). That practice requires the next owner to pay (in addition to purchase costs) a fee if that next owner then wants to convert the week BACK to RCI points. That's quite a "racket" and, in my opinion, marginally ethical (at best), but it is rare in the industry. Of course, the resort salesman and the RCI rep at these two resorts are (no surprise...) one and the same person, so he's actually making out on every resale by profiting from TWO separate "transactions" within each individual resale (if the new buyer wants his week to be RCI points). Again though, this particular example is highly unusual and statistically VERY rare in my personal experience.