Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New here and looking to buy in Orlando. (by KC):

terryh114 wrote:
Hello all.... Glad I found this site. My family and I just got back from Florida on Friday.... 80* in Florida and now 30* at home....I'm miserable.

Anyway, I looked and found the exact place and week I'd like to purchase on ebay...it's being sold by a charitable foundation for $100 plus all the fees.

But from what I'm reading on this forum it looks like a PCC? I'm a bit nervous to even bid on it. I looked at the Redweek.com ads but the prices are alot higher and the week I'm looking for really isnt available.

Would most agree to stay clear of ebay TS's or are they pretty safe.

Thanks for helping a newbie with this.

=================================

My personal opinion and input follows, since you asked:

1. First of all, if it's being sold by a "charitable foundation", then by definition it is NOT a PCC selling the week. A PCC is a commercial entity which has gotten someone to PAY them to "take the timeshare off their hands".

2. I dislike PCC's, personally, but must admit that PCC's are sometimes a good source for good great deals. I don't like the way they acquired the week in the first place (getting someone to pay them to "take it off their hands"), but if you are willing to overlook that aspect (I'm not, but that's just my own personal viewpoint), there are indeed sometimes good deals available through PCC's.

2. That said, the PCC's make MANY mistakes in their advertising, since they do so much "cutting and pasting" from ad to another. Just make very certain that what you THINK you are buying is indeed EXACTLY reflected in the deed. Also, they sometimes contain errors on usage (annual or every other year), and on maintenance fees (often neither current nor accurate).

In any case, it does not even sound like a PCC to me. It sounds much more like a Resort Closings, Inc. ad on behalf of Donate for a Cause (Resort Closings handles ALL DFC matters). If this is the case, there is no reason to not proceed, just bearing in mind that Resort Closings, while generally competent and honest, is notoriously and painfully SLOW in accomplishing closings. So, if your usage date is within the next two months, it's unlikely you'll officially own the week before then.

Hope this helps you. Good luck.