Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Salesman claims vs. cold, hard facts... (by stanleyf5):

The answer to the 28K exchange question is absolutely no. I am a Wyndham owner. I have tried to exchange a 105K deposit which was offline, for a unit which my online visible deposit of 105K said was available and was told no by RCI. You can exchange for 28K, but not any property in the inventory. I have heard that within 30 days or less of a unit's available week start date, you can get any property available for 28K plus the exchange fee, but I have never personally done that transaction. However, one can probably do just as well on the RCI last call listings. Now to the hotel question, you can use points for certain selected Wyndham hotels, but not all Wyndham hotels. Relative to the other hotel chains in Wyndham's portfolio, you can get a discount for a cash transaction, but cannot use your points. My opinion is that using points for a Wyndham hotel reservation is not a transaction that I would make, because I don't feel I am getting sufficient value for my points expediture. Hope this helps you. Stan.