Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Jim F.):

First lie, well maybe a misstatement, You didn't have to buy any points to join the destinations program. I don't believe any sales rep told you that and you didn't allude to the fact that you own any trust points. For a weeks owner in 2010 you had to pay $800 to join but they gave you 800 one time use trust points. Second lie, well just another misstatement I suppose. With your two weeks at Maui you could reserve 13 months out AT MAUI, nowhere else. If you converted Both weeks to points you could reserve anywhere in the system if you had enough points. First truth, you do lose your owner preference when you switch to points but without points your only choice was to trade in Interval and you lost any owner preference there. However being able to book 13 weeks out with points is better than the owner preference IMO. 2

You obviously don't understand the Abound system and how to take advantage of it. I've reserved Maui six months out with no problem. It was I July and I don't know if that's a high season or not. I have reserved Caribbean resorts in high season every year with destination points without a problem every year since 2010.

Like you own weeks and used them every year in the resorts that I owned. in 2010 the Marriott timeshare world changed and it made my timeshare ownership even better. Unfortunately life deals you a bad hand once in a while and we're no longer able to travel at all anymore. Thanks to the points system I'm able to recoup my MF's and with a tidy profit some years. With the points Mrs MF ratio at Maui you should be able to do the same. My advice , find TUG and use Redweek to rent your weeks.

Jim