Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by John G.):

T.M., I agree with your points and can add even more. I am a Chairman Level owner and have fallen prey to the “duping” and in one case downright fraud in a sales presentation and am now in the process of purging my portfolio. I have been a loyal Marriott Vacation owner since 2000 as well as a lifetime Titanium member on the hotel side, but am not feeling the “love” the past few years. I own a week at Waiohai and even combined with my “Chairman” status, I can’t get the resort to acknowledge or return my calls and emails to confirm my room preference. I arrived yesterday for my week at my “platinum ocean view” villa and instead of being in the ocean front unit I’ve always stayed at the past 18 years, I am 3 buildings back overlooking the pool. If I lean dangerously over the railing and the wind cooperates by moving the palm tree on the right just so, I think I see a glimpse of the ocean. Or the sky, not sure which since it’s a half second view. Don’t believe a word they say in the presentation.