Resort Page Update

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resort Page Update (by Marty F):

pm59 wrote:
Marty,

You are plain wrong about the lost of copyright when someone use his own copyright material. Nowhere when I post them was there a contract to that effect. Even Redweek has the following stipulation: Do not use photos, images, logos, or descriptions copied from other websites; this is copyright infringement. Cutting and pasting copyright protected material onto RedWeek.com – including anything provided as sales material by another company – is illegal. So in accordance with this policy please remove my picture from the public section. (The one with my name on it...)

As for the remaining pictures, I'm not gone use the slideshow position rank but the rank in which they appear in the webpage. The following pictures need to be remove: 6-7-8(mine)-9-31-32-33-34

Hopefully, I've removed the photos that you requested. Please check. Although by removing these photos we no longer have any photos of the bedroom or bathroom represented which is very unfortunate especially for the owners. Most of the photos that we display on the resort pages on RedWeek come from the owners. Otherwise, we wouldn't have any photos which would make it really difficult to show off the resort. Before potential renters/buyers see your posting they see the resort's main page. If what they see on the main resort page doesn't interest them they won't make it to your posting and see your photos.

On our Terms of Service page we have this information which everyone signing up for RedWeek has agreed to:

"Your postings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures, and other content relevant to the rental or sale of that item. By submitting your content, you agree that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") to your content and any other works that you incorporate into your content. By posting these items on our site, you agree to transfer relevant copyrights to us."

This can be found under "Rentals and Resales - Rules for Both Parties in a Transaction" section 2, paragraph 2. As long as the photos are on your posting page, you have agreed for them to be made available for use on the main resort page.

Please reconsider and allow us to use your photos.

Thank you, Marty