Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Finally got rid of my timeshare! (by KC):

ruthannes7 wrote:
I've been contemplating walking away from mine as well as the maintenance fees are getting out of hand!

Have you contacted the HOA President of your resort yet, preferably in writing and by follow up phone call, to specifically inquire about a "deedback"?

While positions and practices on "deedbacks" vary widely among different resorts, you should aggressively pursue this option FIRST before just "walking away". If the HOA President very clearly understands that you ARE definitely taking ONE of only TWO specific options (deedback to HOA, or just walking away) you might be able to get their attention. It is, after all, in their best interests to not have to undertake the time, effort and expense of foreclosure proceedings, during and after which they will receive NO incoming maintenance fees until a new fee paying owner is found.

That said, it will require some concerted effort and persistence on your part and there must of course be no outstanding loan debt associated with your timeshare and your fees must be fully paid up to date (...or they won't even talk to you at all). Good luck.