Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Finally got rid of my timeshare! (by Don P.):

Both of the resorts I owned were in Ormond Beach, Florida . It doesn't matter where your resort is located . You have to take the time to contact the resort and state your case. I made sure that I was talking to someone who actually handles the titles and deeds . I stated that i had to get them out of my name and that I was offering them the chance to take them back . I informed them that it was in everyone's best interest to work together .

I let them know that I was going to get them out of my name and it wasn't my responsibility if the new owner doesn't pay their maintenance fees and it costs them money to foreclose on the new owner if he defaults . It would definitely be in their best interest to find a new owner themselves. I guess they both believed me . A few weeks later I had recorded copies of the quit claim deeds locked away in my safe .

It only took a few weeks to process the paperwork and I only had to pay a minimal amount to file the paperwork . Some resorts may ask you to pay the next years maintenance fees to give them time to find a new owner but that's a small price to pay to be rid of the never ending increasing maintenance fees .

I encourage anyone who wants out of their timeshares to take the time to do it themselves . Make it your priority and pick up the telephone . I would recommend that you make as many calls as necessary to contact the right person. Don't email . Emails are too easy to ignore . Once you agree to a deed back then emails will suffice to complete the transaction . Good luck and be persistent .