Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Vacation Club point system (by Deborah S.):

I was down in singer island and many of the owners at ocean pointe have switched to destinations points. It seems that the majority who benefit are of retirement age. They can do 3-4 weeks per year away. As I said previously, we were misrepresented back in 2010 when they told us the points were are $9 and change and by end of the year they would be "worth" $13.00 and Marriott would by them back from us at that rate!! I still have the name of the salesperson who of course left Marriott 6 months later. His Sales manager confirmed his information and then they actually wanted us to tell other couples there about our idea to buy a lot of points and resell back to Marriott for a profit. And Charles yes, the points came to approx $184,000 and the maintenance fees on that amount of points is $8k per year. I didn't make the financial decisions in my family but now divorced, I'm still trying to figure out how to sell some of these points.