Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Unethical Sales Tactics (by KC):

lindad902 wrote:
I am currently filling out complaint paperwork for the Virginia State Attorney regarding King's Creek. We obtained legal advise regarding what would actually be unethical sales practices. Several practices pertain to what happened on the date of the transaction as well as other misrepresentations that became evident later.

Unethical and unlawful are two very different things. Sadly, your complaint is highly unlikely to ever produce any actual results.

Timeshare sales weasels know that only the written contract content means anything at all. Accordingly, many of them (particularly those associated with Wyndham and Westgate) seem to feel completely free to lie, exaggerate, misrepresent and obfuscate in order to "close the deal". They know that verbal statements are just meaningless noise floating around in the air for a few brief moments. This deceit has been going on for decades and it is not going to change anytime soon. It's a fundamental legal tenet that terms not clearly and overtly expressed in writing within a contract essentially do not exist at all --- empty and meaningless drivel verbalized by deceitful sales weasels notwithstanding.

I sincerely wish you luck, but I would not bet a penny that you are ever going to see any actual results from your complaint. What those lying weasels do on a routine basis is despicable and reprehensible, but not illegal.