Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare? (by Don P.):

Candace........... I checked out your website and I was impressed with your blog. You put an awful lot of work into it . We need people like you to get the facts out there but unfortunately by the time someone reads your blog they have already purchased a timeshare that they now regret purchasing .

I have owned timeshares for over forty years now and I have seen the change in the industry since corporate greed took over . In the beginning it was run for the owners by a board elected by the owners for the owners benefit . Then came along corporate ownership and lobbying to get laws passed to protect their interests .

I have gotten rid of all of my timeshares except one I own on the Las Vegas strip . It's an old fashion timeshare . We still have a board of managers who are owners with no connections to any corporation . I own a deeded week and I have never had a problem booking my week . They keep our maintenance fees low and the property properly maintained . I only use it to stay there not for trading .

It's refreshing to own a timeshare that still follows the old rules but they are few and far between . Thank you for going through the time and trouble to create an informative website .