Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare? (by Lance C.):

kathleenf57 wrote:
Should anyone become aware of a lawsuit against diamond resorts international, please write me at...

I understand the pain and frustration you are going through. All that being said, I would recommend removing your e-mail address from a public forum like this. You will start getting bombarded with scam or questionable e-mails and offers from unscrupulous sources. They prey on people like you who are dead-set on suing various timeshare entities.

Keep in mind too that even if you do have a legitimate case, these cases can drag on and take months or years before a settlement is reached. And even at that, not much compensation is given to the plaintiffs after the lawyers get their share of the settlement.

Like many on these boards try to emphasize, what matters is not what the sales people told you but what was in the contract you signed. Even in jurisdictions where they might say that what the sales person told you superceeds what was written in the contract, you have to be able to prove that the person lied to you. It will then come down to a matter of He said, She said.

If you do decide to go through with such a lawsuit, I hope you do take the defendants to the cleaners. Maybe this will get the timeshare industry to clean up its act with these developer sales tactics. However, I am not holding my breath and I am just cautioning you to tread carefully.