Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Cancelling within 6 days (by KC):

marlened77 wrote:
What happens next after you cancelled ? I sent my letter I don’t know what to expect next I’m lost and worried

A letter of rescission, if timely submitted, properly signed and correctly addressed, MUST BY LAW result in a cancellation of the contract and a 100% refund of any money paid at the time of contract execution. By a separate but applicable Federal consumer law, that refund must be issued within 45 days (...refund usually occurs much sooner, however).

What might happen next is that disappointed and hungry sales hyenas call you to desperately try to talk you out of cancelling; don't even answer the phone if you don't recognize the caller's number, at least until you know that this cancellation is concluded.

There is no requirement to provide you with any form of "confirmation", other than processing the rescission and issuing the refund, as required by law. DO NOT call to "follow up"; no possible good can come from any such phone conversation (and phone conversations are legally meaningless in a contract matter anyhow). Just be patient and let the law do its' work for you now. Watch your credit card / bank account for issuance of the refund; that might very well be the only form of "confirmation" that you will ever see regarding the contract cancellation.