Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info (by Chris V.):

this is for jeff w.

jeff, thanks for your efforts and updates. i realize your frustrations concerning the snail's-pace speed of info from the NYSAG'S office. hopefully you'll continue to post your reportage of whatever info regarding THE MANHATTAN CLUB case you're able to gather.

keep in touch............1+6313682895

chris volpe

jeff_reports wrote:
Chris: your frustration is palpable and totally understandable. What you need to know is that all court records filed in the AG's case are public and viewable on the NY Supreme Court website. There have been no filings since Sept. 4. The AG's office, even when called by members of the news media, does not give updates beyond what is already on the record. Bottom line, they move at their own pace and disclose what they want in their own time frame --- meaning, what best suits the AG. Moreover, this is not their only case; they have many. It is absolutely frustrating that they are NOT making more of an effort to provide weekly or semi-weekly updates to owners, but that is not their priority. Bottom line, the AG has not decided what to do with the Manhattan Club case. I would suggest that as a member of the public, you are entitled to meaningful updates about the case, and you are fully within your rights to call the AG's office to make those requests. You pay their salaries, after all, and are justified in seeking accountability. If I owned a timeshare in the Manhattan Club, I'd organize a rally in front of the AG's Manhattan Office seeking an audience with the head of the department handling this case. And I'd inform the NY media in advance that I represent a group of taxpayers who are simply requesting straightforward answers to their questions. I'd ask the same group of participating owners to picket outside the Manhattan Club itself to draw additional attention to your cause. Or, I might contact the National Timeshare Owners Association to see if they would help in dramatizing the case. However, I am not giving advice. The only certainty I can offer is that RedWeek.com will keep reporting on this case when there are things to report.

chrisv126 wrote:
kyliec wrote:
Just posted an update to the intro post on this forum in order to keep the most current info visible without needing to scroll through the forum posts. Things moving along... Manhattan Club able to pay salaries, still not able to do new timeshare sales. Their Web site has removed mention of sales, which would indicate they're complying.

it's just fine that the principals of THE MANHATTAN CLUB (eichner and gang) are "complying." however, the progress (or lack thereof) of this litigation is apparently being kept a mystery. information about this lawsuit brought on by our NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN should be public knowledge, available to the public and in particular those of us MANHATTAN CLUB shareholders who have been cheated and scammed by the principals involved.

how do we get information about this litigation available to us, and why do we have to go through all kinds of begging in order to get the facts we deserve?