Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info (by Dr. C.):

In 1999 we purchased a week at TMC and later purchased another week. We were thrilled to own a little piece of The Big Apple, since we were raised there and like feeling as if there is a place we can go once or twice a year and feel the old feelings of NYC. What we realized very soon was that we would have to book our week 18-24 months in advance in order to get to use it. That was never communicated to us and we started to feel ripped off. After all, 16 years ago, we were younger, but the pressure to book that far in advance was not possible. So, year-after-year, we would be forced to pay $2500 per unit in maintenance fees, and every attempt we made to secure our week was rejected, "Sorry that week is fully booked!" Even when I would try 6 months in advance I got the same answer. It made us mad that what we were led to believe was really a lie! We have a really bad taste in our mouths from the entire experience and when this comes to court, we will testify about the scam. I am delighted that something is being done about this! Outraged!