Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Corporate Timeshare Network (by Amy W.):

I have had requests in the past to pay third party corporations upfront for them renting my getaway weeks with Interval. I am ALWAYS doubtful of these offers, never pay but like to see how far they will go to provide written documentation to support what they assure me. The documentation is NEVER there. In particular, they can never support a refund if the week does not get rented, even though they say it is guaranteed. The furthest they have gone is to state that they will actually reimburse if I or another party rent for less. But, there is no documentation to reimburse the upfront cost if the week does not get rented at all.

The latest was today by someone who said her company name is "Corporate Event Solutions, Inc." Anybody else get calls from this so-called company? As I was speaking with her, I looked up the company on the internet. Naturally, I never found it. Also, the first person who called me prior to connecting me to the woman for the sales pitch, said he used to live in my city. I asked where he lived now, and he said, Tampa, FL. That was another red flag when my caller id showed Las Vegas, NV. Obviously these scams work because they continue to call. I truly feel for the people that fall for them. Please, never pay upfront! They are very good with their sales pitch.

surfm wrote:
They are very good a what they do: A Full Service Fraud and Scam Network. Forget the $$ you paid them. You can file a police report, if helps your psyche.

If anybody wants money upfront, ... and without you ever having seen even a shred of document that they are legitimate, .... they are probably not legitimate.

There are lots of scam schemes like this around. ... Some claim to represent an attorney of a traffic driver, who you allegedly hurt, others want to be representing the IRS and threaten you with court proceedings, or want to be your mortgage insurer, and some others claim you signed your life away to them.

Anyone, who is legit, will send you a letter with verifiable identification and , not just make a shady phone call. Sorry for your pain. I 'm sure that most of us have been defrauded one way or another in our lives, and we know, what it feels like. If a story sounds too good to be true, it usually is that way for real.