Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone used American Consumer Credit to get out of Timeshare? (by Don P.):

Well said Ken. Most people can negotiate their own exit from their home resort if they put in enough effort and convince the resort that it's in their best interest to take it back. I did that with two timeshares in 2011.

I was recovering from major surgery on my spine and I was facing open heart surgery down the road. I called the resorts and made sure I got the right person that handles the titles. I explained to them that I was going to get rid of the timeshares with or without their assistance and that if they didn't cooperate then they won't be happy with the outcome. I was going to get them out of my name and that was my final decision .

They both agreed to take them back through " deed backs " . I was current with my fees and assessments . It was quick and I only had to pay a minimal amount for filing the paperwork. After the transactions were completed and I had copies of the recorded papers I sent each person that helped me gift cards for being so nice .

I calmly stated my case to them and I was firm that this was going to be my priority until they were out of my name. I had some strategies that I was going to use to dispose of them that I won't get into right now but none of them included using a service that takes money upfront . You can do it yourself if you are determined. If you are not the type of person who can argue a case them enlist the help of a friend or family member to help you out. Trust me you can do it if you put your mind to it.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract .