Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Pure points options... (by KC):

joem961 wrote:
I just wanna know what I might be getting myself into. Any sound/non-biased advice about DRI is appreciated...

Personally, I don't care AT ALL for DRI and / or its' practices, but the purpose of my reply is really just to wonder "aloud" why you are so focused on buying into DRI at all in first place.

I'm frankly not a fan of Wyndham either, but if what you want is a "pure points" contract with no home resort, it occurs to me that a Wyndham CWA points contract would likely cost you no more money (maybe less) in the resale market, likely cost you about the same amount of money (maybe less) in annual fees, and would likely provide more resort / location options with ACTUAL (not just theoretical) space availability.

Just some food for thought, with a respectful suggestion to not just have "tunnel vision", zeroing in on DRI while ignoring other available options. It's frankly very rare to see someone actively seeking to buy *IN* to DRI, while so many current DRI owners are clearly very unhappy with DRI and are desperately seeking a way *OUT* of DRI (including many people looking to jump on the lawsuit bandwagon). Of course, it's ultimately your own research to conduct and your own personal choice and decision to make. Good luck!