Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (by Joe M.):

Well, I recently did a "tour" of DRI to take advantage of some of the perks they were offering during a weekend vacation in Tahoe. So yeah... a bit of tunnel vision here. Generally though, time share vacations and perks has intrigued me but I also do not like the feeling of obligating myself into anything.

The points package I was looking at was 7500 at $30k with $1600 annual maintenance fee (kinda pricey).

My parents had Wyndham and I've used it through them in the past. What I didn't like was they didn't seem to be as flexible as DRI and sometimes I'd still have to pay to stay and some of their resorts or they simply didn't have availability during the times I needed it. Not sure why... maybe they were out on points? I dunno. These concerns people are having with DRI and whatnot is starting to make me feel a bit disenchanted with the time share concept...

So basically are there any time share companies that allow you to "have your cake and eat it too" but not be committed into paying into some crazy annual maintenance fee? Because even after I pay off the $30.... $1600/annually ($113/monthly) is still pretty pricey.