Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Magic? (by KC):

I am not quite sure what to make of the above post (or its' math), which makes references to both a specific "resort" and to "Bluegreen" (which is primarily a points based system). Nonetheless, it is my firm belief that ALL, I repeat ALL, upfront fee "exit / relief / escape/ rescue" outfits are just parasitic (and expensive --- and completely ineffective) scams perpetrated upon people who are desperate to somehow magically escape a contractual obligation into which they once voluntarily entered of their own free will and choice.

Voluntarily signing a contract creates associated legal obligations. While anyone can choose to "breach" a contract anytime they wish, it is naive to think or to believe that there would somehow be no consequences for doing so.

After defaulting on a loan, it takes some time before a negative credit report "hit" appears on a person's credit report (and then remains there for the next 7 years), but it is simply not credible that defaulting on a $18,000 loan balance would ever occur with no consequences whatsoever, as if by magic. Personally, I don't believe in "magic", but YMMV.

Frankly, the above post seems to me to be nothing more than a not-very-subtle ad for some alleged "magical exit" outfit in Missouri, but anyone is certainly free to believe whatever they choose to believe --- even if perhaps at their peril.