Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Effect of Timeshare Relief Team, Timeshare Exit Team, etc. advertising on the for-sale-by-owner resale market (by KC):

wizowashv wrote:
Sadly I made the costly mistake of going to Timeshare Exit team - they charged $4000 to get me out of my monarch grand vacations timeshare (which was bought out by Diamond resorts). They said 90-180 days to exit. It has been over 2 years now with "Oh we're almost there" "not much longer now", to "Diamond is being very difficult" . I'm happy to give my time share away or donate it, but I just don't know what the exact steps would be - I'm happy to pay closing costs too. Any pointers or help is much appreciated. I just stumbled upon this group today, so haven't had a chance to look up responses. Thank you!

Ironically, if it's now already been 2 years since your $4,000 donation to TET, your ownership / membership will likely soon be terminated by Diamond anyhow --- completely unrelated to and regardless of any so-called "involvement" by TET.

In truth, you are today at the exact same juncture you would be if you had stopped paying your fees 2 years ago and had never even heard of "Timeshare Exit Team", never mind sending them $4k of your hard earned money.

You'll be "out" within a year, but not as a result of Timeshare Exit Team or the $4,000 that you paid them. Diamond will simply foreclose / terminate (and Diamond couldn't care less about hearing from the parasites at TET).

Diamond now has a "deedback" program; I believe they call it "Transitions" or "Legacy" or some other such cutesy name. For $250, you could have dealt directly with Diamond directly (if your fees were up to date) and exited cleanly. That ship has now sailed however, with your account now presumably several years in arrears and with TET just further muddying the waters. Good luck.