Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: My timeshare is paid in full, but I just don't want it anymore (by Dayna L.):

Consider, maintenance fees just keep going up every year. You will be responsible for your contract in years to come, even when you are no longer able to travel or have moved onto other places/things. If you are financing, do the math on the costs plus interest and how long it will take to pay off, then the yearly maint fee beyond that. Depending on your age, do you foresee you still traveling to the same place? or even if you exchange, will you realistically spend that much on travel in the coming years? I think this is what we all think we will when we buy into our TS. However , in hindsight we see that we cannot predict our situation later or allow for unforseen circumstances or life changes preventing us to travel. And those promises of passing it on to your family or children to enjoy, Well, I know my kids do not want the burden of the maintenance fees for life! they are just trying to pay rent LOL

So If I can do it again, and I got good use out of my ebay resale, by just banking and trading, I would just rent from owners when I traveled and not purchase a lifelong money trap. Just my personal thoughts. I love the TS travel lifestyle and the resorts. But you can get that from just renting an owners week. In the long run it costs less and you have more control of getting to stay where you want when you want. Until they change some laws and institute some regulations on TS sales, tactics and exit, I won't even go to an Owners update or entertain adding anymore weeks/points.

Everyone's situation is different and only you can decide if it's right for you. But I would just make sure you do your due diligence, read and ask questions, read what you can on ownerships and reviews. positive and negative. Do the math and look at it with the foreseeable future in mind. Make sure you read the contract before signing too.