Is TUG Helpful?

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is TUG Helpful? (by KC):

I am truly puzzled by the above expressed animosity toward TUG, a (non-profit, volunteer run) site which currently has over 90,000 registered users. Are all those people on TUG just idiots and dolts, ignorant and all drinking the same "Timeshare Kool Aid"? Not hardly...

There are multiple centuries worth of first hand knowledge and experience about timeshares distributed among the many participants on the TUG site. Does sharing their knowledge and experiences (...both good and bad experiences, by the way) somehow make those folks "know it alls"? That seems to me to be a very narrow minded, bitter and judgmental point of view, but everyone is entitled to express an opinion.

Speaking only for myself, TUG has helped me over the years to avoid many expensive timeshare mistakes, including to NEVER buy directly from ANY timeshare developer. I own, use and enjoy just a few fixed timeshare weeks, for which I originally paid very little money, all of those weeks having been acquired in the "resale" market. I could easily get rid of any or all of them in a heartbeat, but have no interest at all in doing so; we look forward to enjoying those few weeks each year.

To each their own. Personally, I am very grateful for the knowledge and experience voluntarily offered and routinely shared on the TUG site. Thanks, TUG!