Is TUG Helpful?

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Tug2 Timeshare-Scam Users Group (by KC):

rhondaa87 wrote:
Please don´t trust this Tug2 Timeshare scam group. As you can see on their website, they promote professional scammers as Licenced Timeshare Resale Broker Association, and the worst of all they advertise with a banner the Interval International which is a worldwide proven scam. Don´t you believe it? Okay... I suggest you search for the information on Google by Yourself. You can find clues anywhere on Complaints Board, Scam adviser, Trustpilot, Redweek, and TUG2 itself. Have you realized that TUG2, so as other Timeshare Scams moved their locations and change names every time their businesses are overloaded by hundreds of scam reports by timeshare owners? It´s funny and annoying at the same time don´t you think? They were Timeshare users group.com then they changed to TUGBBS, then again changed to TUG2.com and nowadays they are TUG2.net. We can see the same thing with Vidanta that turned into Mayan Palace while Diamond Resorts International changed their business name to "Inside the Gates" managed by two brilliant scammers: Craig Johnson and Bill Curtis. If you still think that I´m kidding you, then I dare you to search on Google and Bing by Yourself. There is plenty of information throughout the web, nonetheless, if you don´t use the Search Engines correctly then you will not find the information to verify what I state here.

What a bunch of ill informed crap and utter nonsense. Momentarily (and only momentarily) amusing, but completely inaccurate.

Timeshare Users Group (TUG) is now 25 years old and currently has almost 94,000 members. Most TUG members are simply timeshare owners and users, with no commercial association with the timeshare industry, no profit motive and no hidden agendas. Collectively, they represent several centuries worth of direct, first hand knowledge and experience regarding timeshares. That's knowledge and experience that they are willing to post and share with others, with no personal gain or personal benefit (aside from the satisfaction of helping others). What "beef" could you (or anyone else) possibly have with that???

As far as different Internet addresses by which to reach the TUG site on the Internet, what's your point? There is no deceit; it has been just one single site for 25 years now, started by one man and now administered by his son, Brian Rogers. By the way, TUG does not "promote" anyone or anything. Some timeshare related businesses choose to purchase banner ads on the (non-profit) TUG web site, seeking (and paying for) exposure for their business to a precisely targeted "audience". In no universe does that constitute TUG "promoting" any of those entities; that's just a really silly and grossly inaccurate statement. That's like claiming that a billboard manufacturer is "promoting" the entities that later place ads on billboards they made --- complete nonsense.

In my own observation and experience, the people who "bad mouth" TUG seem to be people with developer affiliation or who have some other profit-seeking or hidden agenda, scammers who are unhappy (and maybe embarrassed) about being openly exposed, or people disgruntled about a timeshare purchase they made but now regret. Which category do you fall into?

As far as LTRBA goes, LTRBA really doesn't have anything at all to do with TUG (although some LTRBA realtors are TUG members). LTRBA agents are unrelated, licensed realtors who work with the resale timeshare market. Their noteworthy (and admirable, in my opinion) "claim to fame" is that they get a commission ONLY from the proceeds of a sale; they require no money "upfront" and get no payment at all if they don't sell the timeshare. What "beef" could you (or anyone else) possibly have with that practice? It is true that there is a minimum LTRBA commission ($1,500 when last I knew, some time ago) upon a successful sale. For anyone seeking (dreaming?) to sell a low demand and low value timeshare that is not worth $1,500 in the first place, LTRBA and its' brokers and / or commission structure may obviously (and understandably) not be of much practical use or interest.

The above are indisputable and accurate facts. For the record, I have been a TUG member myself for about 12 years now. Like most TUG members and TUG BBS participants, I have no (and I have never had any) affiliation of any kind with any segment of the timeshare industry. Like many others on TUG, I'm just an owner of a few timeshare weeks (for over 35 years now, in my case) with an interest in the topic and in learning from the knowledge and experience of others. Nothing more.

In short, you clearly have no idea at all what you are talking about. Your very strange rant against TUG is inappropriate, factually inaccurate, entirely unwarranted and woefully lacking in substance or truth.