Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

ask-redweek-will-marriott-buy-my-timeshare-back (by Fred R.):

Here is a shorter answer: NO. That is why there is a class action law suit in affect today in Florida. It deals with devaluing the points, fraud of the sales pitch and other salient issues. For you poor guys that bought into the points, you have a smaller pool of travel/vacation experiences. By this I mean, with the deeded 2 weeks that I have in Marriott's Desert Springs Villas 1, I have ways I can sell/trade it in at INterval, Redweek, even craigslist. What do the points have in this regard...nothing. I mean...how do you trade the points for one week at XYZ. Maybe it is possible but I don't kniow. I also can deduct the depreciation of the real estate asset itself...not so with points. I always go the presentations...to get the $150.00 coupon for dinner. IN the presentations I always bring the law suit and the possibilty of buying the points back or selling in the open market. There is a flat NO and the mechanism for the open market is not really defined. ANyway, my ten cents.....Happy New years guys.