Verify Ownership

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Re: Verify Ownership (by KC):

hje wrote:
<snip>Most of us Owners have plenty of points, so we can get just about any week or time period we want if we know well ahead. <snip>

I must respectfully disagree a bit by pointing out that not all timeshare ownerships are "points" ownerships at all (...none of mine are). Owners of deeded "floating" weeks, for example, often have a defined, limited range of week numbers that they can reserve at their home resort, whether it's for their own occupancy and use or to rent out. Owners of deeded "fixed" weeks are even more constrained, since they own very specific week(s) in very specific unit(s), with no option to ever reserve (or rent out) "something else instead" at their resort.

In short, there are numerous, different flavors of timeshare ownership and only a few can, in your words, "get just about any week or time period we want", regardless of how far ahead planned. You may have a timeshare "points" ownership with such flexibility. If so, that's great --- but readers here should know that not all timeshare ownerships have any such unlimited latitude for making reservations. I am not seeking to argue, but merely clarifying, since broad generalizations can lead to misunderstanding by folks who may not really be familiar with the inner workings of various "flavors" of timeshare ownership and their respective (and widely varying) reservation capabilities and limitations.