Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Success rate renting (by KC):

bobd521 wrote:
I posted two separate weeks for rent in Lake Tahoe this summer - one was Redweek full service, the other was a "verified" listing. Got no response from either, even though Lake Tahoe rentals and hotels are described in local media as "fully booked" and "overwhelmed with visitors." Redweek said my advertised price was appropriate. Got a better response by listing separately on Craigslist, and rented at the full advertised price.

I have to wonder how well Redweek advertises to potential renters - does Redweek show up in Google searches for hotels, AirBnB, etc? Or do renters have to know to search for "timeshares for rent" (not likely.)

I can't speak to how or where different people conduct searches for rentals, but it is my opinion (and experience) that RedWeek is quite simply the very best site on the planet to be on either side of a timeshare rental transaction.

It's great that you succeeded in renting your weeks via Craigslist, but many people (myself included) believe that there are just too many scammers, spammers and "tire kickers" utilizing Craigslist, wasting the valuable time of advertisers. The fact that any response to RedWeek ads requires paid membership effectively prevents scammers and spammers (and insincere tire kickers) from using or abusing the RedWeek platform at all. Personally, I like and appreciate that. YMMV.